Announcements and Important Events
Dear Parents and Student Athletes,
Here is our second update on athletics for the upcoming 20/21 school year. On Friday we received an update from Mark Uyl, the Executive Director for MHSAA concerning fall sports. Here is what we know:
- We will play fall sports in the fall, we will not switch the fall and spring seasons.
- We may delay the start of some or all fall sports practices and competitions.
- We will play lower-risk fall sports in the fall if conditions are safe to do so
- We will postpone higher-risk fall sports until later in the school year if conditions are unsafe for us to do them in the fall.
- Any season postponed will be rescheduled in the spring after the completion of the winter season using a reconfigured calendar that would potentially extend into July 2021.
As a reminder, all students must have either an updated physical or MHSAA Health Questionnaire (for students that had a physical on file from the 19-20 school year) PRIOR to participating in fall practices/tryouts. These forms can be found on the Kelloggsville Athletics website kvilleathletics.org under the files and links tab. The health questionnaire can be signed electronically and emailed to email@example.com or turned into the Athletic Office beginning August 3rd. Please watch the website for further updates.
Again, state/district athletic plans are determined by where our school district is according to the MI Safe Start Plan. Currently two regions are in Phase 5 (northern parts of Michigan), which allow for limited indoor activity, while the rest are in Phase 4 (where we are) and unable to host indoor training, practice or competitions.
For now, we will continue using “MHSAA Summer Guidance" documents to plan and to guide us until further instructions come from MHSAA allowing us to start our fall seasons.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.
The Kelloggsville Athletic Department